Cat allergy pills are an effective way to eliminate unpleasant symptoms. In addition, regular wet cleaning in the apartment, elimination of all dust collectors, and the use of a cleaner and humidifier will help to reduce the body's immune response.
How is the treatment
For the treatment of cat allergies, a complex of tablets from such pharmacological groups is used.:
- enzyme preparations.
Corticosteroids help eliminate the inflammatory process, skin rashes, lacrimation and runny nose, which occur against the background of the body's immune response. It is prescribed mainly for severe forms of allergies to a cat. The course of treatment is not more than 5 days. Side effects include hormonal disruptions, an increase in the concentration of glucose in the blood, the appearance of edema in the limbs and face.
Antispasmodic drugs and bronchodilators are necessary to relax the smooth muscles of the respiratory tract during an exacerbation of an allergy to a cat. Thanks to this, it is possible to get rid of cough and swelling of the upper respiratory tract.
In addition to tablets, drops for eyes and nose, ointments to eliminate skin itching and rashes during an exacerbation of allergies to cats are effectively used to alleviate the patient’s condition.
The most commonly used antihistamines:
- Diazolin - active substance mebhydrolin. The drug blocks histamine receptors, does not have a hypnotic and strong sedative effect on the body, and helps to relax the smooth muscles of the bronchi.
- Suprastin - active substance chloropyramine hydrochloride. A cat allergy medicine with an anti-allergic effect that is completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal canal. It has an antispasmodic and antiemetic effect.
- Diphenhydramine - active substance diphenhydramine. In addition to the antihistamine effect, the tablets have a local anesthetic, sedative, and are similar to antipsychotics.
- Fenistil - the active substance of dimethindene maleate. It has a weak sedative effect, does not have an antiemetic effect, and reduces vascular permeability, which increases with allergic reactions.
Antihistamines for allergies to cats are the main component of complex therapy. They block receptors that are irritated by the action of histamine, reduce the permeability of the vascular wall, and prevent the spread of inflammatory mediators throughout the body.
How to prevent exacerbations
It is impossible to completely cure an allergy to a cat. Therapy is aimed only at the development of persistent remission. In the future, it is important to prevent the spread of allergen throughout the apartment. For this it is necessary:
- often ventilate the apartment and carry out wet cleaning;
- monitor the hygiene of the pet, its tray and bedding;
- adhere to a hypoallergenic diet;
- during close contact with the allergen, take antihistamines.
Immunospecific therapy is very popular today. It consists in the regular subcutaneous administration of a purified antigen. It lasts for six months.
As a result of exposure to defective parts of the patient’s immune system, the body’s response to the antigen is reduced and the patient develops a stable remission.
Prevention of an allergy to a cat is the key to well-being. Its main task is to prevent the body's sensitivity to allergens and prevent relapse by reducing or completely eliminating the allergen from the immediate environment.